Saturday, February 11, 2012

Horse News





There is so much news in the horse world lately...


First, let me offer my condolences to those who were involved with the terrible explosion at Kesmar Rehab in Ocala yesterday:


What an absolute tragedy.



In the good news department, Rachel Alexandra gave birth to a colt a few weeks ago. My friend, Suzanne's, son-in-law, Calvin Borel, was RA's jockey, so I have always had a special interest in this wonder horse!

Sired by super horse Curlin, it is uncanny how the yet to be named colt has a star just like his mom:




Cannot share this story enough:


Always picks me up!



Did you catch these hilarious videos made by SmartPak?










And a take off for eventers:





When Suzanne and I ran Heart Land Horse Rescue, we received much needed support and donations through Special Horses.

They are running again their special auction beginning on Monday. I have donated several photographs of our first rescue, Lady, as well as an autographed photo of Calvin on Rachel Alexandra. Please check it out and consider bidding on their items:
http://www.specialhorses.org/Auction.asp














No comments:

Post a Comment